After raising their children in this home, and now after weddings and grandchildren, our clients realized the size of their family had exceeded the size of what their kitchen, dining and family room could hold. Due to sheer numbers, family gatherings had become a space issue. Our clients love to cook and entertain, so the design process started in the kitchen with the idea of adding a serving bar. We opened the space, alleviated congestion and enabled the family to gather all at the same time, in the same area.
What We Did:
- Renovated the kitchen by installing new appliances and custom cabinetry
- Opened the family room to the kitchen
- Designed and installed a custom serving bar
- Converted 3 separate rooms into a single living space
- Created an area large enough to enable the whole family to dine together
- Maintained the character of the existing home while updating
- Installed new wood flooring throughout the living area and entryway
- Designed and installed custom built-ins and a mantel at the fireplace, along with an adjacent TV cabinet
- Installed can lights into the beam over the serving bar, eliminating the need for “dropped” lighting fixtures
- Eliminated traffic flow bottlenecks in several areas by increasing the width of the opening from foyer to family living areas and relocating the basement door
- Installed a touchless sink faucet
- Increased the kitchen size by capturing unused space behind existing refrigerator and oven
From our client’s vision to reality, we were delighted to exceed their expectations. They have been enjoying the comforts of their newly renovated home, as they share it with family and friends.
Dave Osmond Builders built this beautiful renovation project.